Become a Referee?
Welcome back! New Certifications and Re-Certifications are available for Grade 8, Emeritus 13 & 15 Only. Please visit www.FLSRC.org select one of the quick links on the right hand side. All referee courses are currently held online. Follow the prompts to create your referee profile, please ensure you take the Grade 8 Referee Course.
There will be a Field Training Event, September 15th 2018, from 1:00pm to 4:00pm @ Lakewood Ranch Park located at 5490 Lakewood Ranch Blvd, behind Lakewood Ranch High School. This event is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for all referees and will be hosted by Braden River SC and performed by Area Referee Admins.
All newly trained referees always start in our recreational soccer program, there, they gain their experience and increase their confidence. When the referee assignor thinks you are ready to move onto the next level (competitive soccer), he will then speak to you and assign you games at the competitive level via gotsoccer. Please create a referee account at www.gotsoccer.com this is different then your players account. Click on [Referees and Assignors], Click on [Register] underneath [New Accounts].
If you are over 18, a background check must be performed. If you are under 18, you must perform an age verification. This can be found at the top of your gotsoccer referee account web page.
Please review the documents below:
Referee Dress Code - This document will help you with looking like a pro on the sidelines.
Information from US Soccer for the NEW Referee – New Referees have many questions, that’s OK! The attached guide helps you get the answers you are looking for.
Laws of the Game, please download by clicking: HERE
Referee's Code of Conduct:
- Always remember that the game is for the players. Player safety and fair play comes first.
- Study and learn the laws of the Game and understand the “spirit” of the Laws. Help fellow referees do the same.
- Encourage and enforce the philosophies of “Everyone Plays,” “Positive Coaching” and “Good Sportsmanship.”
- Respect other referees’ decisions and do not publicly criticize another official.
- Dress and Act Professional. Shirt tucked in and socks are picked up. Look like you want to be there!
- Maintain good physical condition so you can keep up with the action.
- Stay calm when confronted with emotional reactions from players, coaches and parents.
- Honor accepted game assignments. In an emergency, find a replacement.
- Support good sportsmanship with a kind word to players, coaches and parents of both teams when deserved.
- Always be fair and impartial, avoiding conflicts of interest. Decisions based on personal bias are dishonest and unacceptable.
For All Referee Communication and Scheduling: Please contact Referee Assignor Barry Finkelstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
USA League Referee Fee Structure (subject to change without notice), these fees differ to our recreational program:
|Age Group||Center Referee||Assistant Referee||
|U11/12||$50||$25 per AR||$90|
|U13/14||$60||$30 per AR||$120|
|U15 - U19||$70||$35 per AR||