Table of Contents
Our Club Vision
We are back to training and competition! Some teams are already participating in early ECRL Showcases, and some teams are playing in local and regional tournaments! Best of luck to ALL our teams for the remainder of the spring season!!
HIGH SCHOOL / MIDDLE SCHOOL SOCCER
DRESS FOR COLD WEATHER
PARENT SIDELINES GAME CODE OF CONDUCT
THE PARENT ZONE DURING PRACTICE
PLAYING TIME QUESTIONS
This seems to be one of the concerns raised the most.
Playing time is earned! Yes, within the Player development model we do try our best to get players as much playing time as possible BUT decisions impacting playing time but not limited to:
- Players with poor attitudes
- Players who constantly disrespect their coach, their own teammates, referees, opponents, and opponents’ coach.
- Players not willing to work hard irrespective of their talents, positions etc
- Commitment to the team, club, and extra training
- Parents constantly coaching from the parents’ sideline.
- Parents behaviors on the sideline
- Number of yellow cards
- Red cards received.
PLAYER MOVEMENT BETWEEN LEVELS
PLAYER MOVEMENT POLICY/PROTOCOL
While the club is making positive changes to the Player Development model, the below needs to be followed regarding any/all player movement/s:
- The identified player/s need their coach’s approval to participate up or down.
- This approval needs an evaluation shared with the player, so they know why they are being moved.
- This discussion needs to be had, agreed upon and approved between the two team head coaches not team managers and/or parents.
- The Club DOC needs to be made aware of any decisions made.
- The Club Administrator needs to be made aware in case players need to be added to the roster prior to the weekend’s game.
- Once all boxes above are checked the player needs to then train first before being rostered for the weekend. Min training requirement is 1 day. Preferably all week if only playing for the new team he/she is added to.
- In some cases, if this is not possible if the player is not able to train prior to the weekend, DOC approval is needed (mandatory) to support the move without training.
Player Attributes needed to earn the opportunity to play up.
- Technically sound
- Tactically smart
- Athletic and hardworking (this is non-negotiable). Cannot add lazy players no matter how good they may be!
- Mentally strong and able to take in information to impact the game.
- Players must have a good attitude. Must be a good teammate and put the Club first and play for the club and team before herself/himself.
- Good players with excuses won’t be promoted. Good players must also put in extra work to maintain their level. Average players putting in extra work and showing improvement will be given the opportunity to play up!
NEW!!! ADIDAS IS OUR NEW GEAR SUPPLIER!
We have discontinued our Cappelli contract. We’re proud to announce that we’ll be switching to Adidas and having Adidas as our new uniform, fan gear, and equipment supplier moving forward!
Please continue to play in your Cappelli gear for the Spring. Know that we are busy with Adidas working on the design of our future game gear. The recreational gear, our competitive training gear and fan/Spirit wear has been ordered and posted on a website for you to get into our new club Fan wear!!! HERE IS THE LINK TO ORDER FAN GEAR: https://team10soccer.com/collections/braden-river-sc-fan-gear
Please don’t miss out and get your 25th Anniversary special addition Jersey to celebrate our clubs 25th Year Anniversary celebration!!
Training jersey, training shorts, training socks
2 Game Jerseys (White and Dark color), Game shorts, Game socks
Optional Items (to be made mandatory 25/26):
BRSC Track suite top, track suite bottoms.
BRSC Ball (TBA)
As we continue to grow and expand on improving BRSC toward a more serious and professional club we need to start looking the part as well. Nowhere in the country does any well-run professional club allow their top teams to wear anything unrelated to that club. Players HAVE TO purchase every item to participate at that ‘next‘ level. We pride ourselves in our values and professionalism that looking professional is half the battle won on game day! BRSC players and teams will need to look like one club moving forward that we are willing to work with our membership and give them time to adjust to the changes being made that the track suit options will be optional going into next season but will then be a mandatory item to purchase. If we are going to buy warm gear for the wintertime why not purchase your club track suite which in all honesty is cheaper than some items bought. Sponsorships and fundraising programs can be organized to help offset costs for those who cannot afford such items. Pulling together and working as one family to help our family members is vital to our clubs success on and off the field!
It is that time of the year where clubs gear up in preparations for the 24/25 playing season. BRSC Staff continue to identify players for each level of play. Please keep in mind every player develops at a different rate to their mate/s. Please do not get hurt if your player has to play down. Please know with hard work and extra training at home they can earn their top spot again! Players will be given early registrations bids. What is an early registration bids? This is an offer for you as a player/family to accept your position prior to tryouts for your current team. Do we have to accept the early registration bid? No, you do not have to accept it. All you need to know is that bid will then be offered to the next player on the Coaches 24/25 roster. Can we wait until tryouts to decide? Yes, you can wait until tryouts to make your decision. What is the purpose of the early registration? There are many positive reasons for this. Players accept their positions, heading into tryouts relaxed, stress free eliminating the anxiety of whether they will be selected or not! It helps the coach identify the positions needed heading into tryouts. The players who have accepted their early bids WILL NEED TO ATTEND tryouts, so the coach has numbers to evaluate the trialists against. This gives the incoming players an opportunity to compete against the selected players for a spot on a highly competitive squad!
The biggest plus – we MUST continue our path of professionalism working toward identifying the best of the best for the ECNL level of play. We will always have all levels for every type/level of player but changing the culture toward a more professional environment WE HAVE TO Identify the better players as early as possible, working with these identified players everyday putting them to the test of performance and commitment! Performance – the ability to play at the level the player/s desire.
Commitment – learning to make sacrifices knowing there is a team that depends on the bid you accepted. Knowing they trust you will be there from day one to the very end!
Our BIG PICTURE – Life lessons paralleled with player development getting the players ready for the real world!
GRATITUDE TO OUR SPONSORS!
BRSC would like to thank ALL our generous sponsors for their support through the years and especially to you who continue to support our club – THANK YOU!
If anyone is still interested in sponsoring the club and having your company logo printed on the game and/or training gear to please email Neathan Gibson – BRSC GM at email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
CONCESSION VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
We are looking to clean our concessions to be able to open and sell dry food and hot/cold drinks! We need volunteers to help us with this. A schedule will be shared soon to give everyone an opportunity to help us “Open” our concessions! This will allow each team the opportunity to schedule and run the concessions to raise $$ for their team and club.
IMPORTANT ”RAGE“ DATES!
January 3rd – TRAINING BEGINS
January 8th – April 30th LEAGUE/REC Season
APRIL 1st – Early Pre-Registrations
May 1st – CLUB TRYOUTS!
FUNDRAISING THANK YOU!
Please keep up the wonderful work as the funds raised have been very helpful to all families and to ALL teams – THANK YOU!
TEAM MANAGERS THANK YOU!
Thank you for your commitment and sacrifices!! There is a lot that you do behind the scenes that doesn’t get recognized. THANK YOU for everything you do for us all!!